Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ridin the Bike

My bike is nothing special. Just a $60 one-speed.

I of course get passed by cars and motorcycles all the time.

The electric scooters they have an awful lot of here pass me sometimes, it depends if it's a fast one or a slow one, but I'd say I pass about 60% of them.

But, since being in China, I have NEVER been passed by another bicycle. And I intend never to let that happen.

On an unrelated note, I hope this swine flu deal back West turns out to not be as serious as the news reports make it seem now.

2 comments:

  1. Mexico has a bad outbreak and California. So far Florida is clear but just don't get near any pigs!! O, and NY had a few outbreaks...not sure if is that strain cuz it seems to be like other strains...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend just go back from a work trip in Latin America. His last stop was Mexico City. He is back home now, and not ill. His work has him working from home this week, just in case.

    You are braver than me, I do not think I could ride a bicycle in China with the other cyclist. I rode one once on a street in Beijing with little traffic, but never again.

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete