Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

So, some students had invited me to a couple of Christmas parties here on campus so I'll probably make an appearance at those.

Tomorrow night, I had originally planned to go over to Nellie's (another American English teacher) apartment for dinner with her and some other American/Canadians. But unfortunately for Nellie, the list of attendees grew a little too large for her apartment to accommodate (instead of 5 or 6 people, it would be 13 to 15 people). As such, we will all go out to a restaurant for dinner.

However that means that I won't bring the baked ziti I had originally planned to make. But it's not so bad. It means I can make it this weekend just for my girlfriend and I, and it leaves more for us to eat as well! :)

Anyhow, today when I went to the office before class, one of the Chinese English teachers had bought gifts for us, and she gave us some candy which she said was a gift from the school.

On my way to my first class, I was in for a surprise. As soon as I walked in, the students shouted "Merry Christmas!" and the one who had been waiting behind the door showered me with "snow" (shaving cream). They got me pretty good, but they did help me clean myself off and it didn't stain my jacket. In addition, they had all bought me a gift, a really beautiful cake!



My second class also wished me Merry Christmas and brought a gift for me: a smiling yellow dude coin bank, and they gave it to me inside this stocking (so I will have a stocking this Christmas).

All-in-all, I got a lot of loot today:


Anyway, if anyone back home is reading this, Merry Christmas and I'm thinking about and missing and love all of you!

8 comments:

  1. T.J.
    We see you met a lot of good friends.The school students seem to like you and try to make you feel at home. G-Ma said you'll have your Christmas in July when you get home with us. We all miss you.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    G-ma &G-Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. how nice those kids are.
    Merry Christmas to you.
    Take care.
    Love you A LOT!!!
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas TJ!

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow sounds awesome TJ!!! That is pretty cool the gifts they got you! :) Merry Christmas and I love and miss you too!!

    P.S. LOL I thought it was funny what the sign said about popular shopping holiday lol that is pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey T.J. its Christopher. Merry Christmas! We all wish you were here. we miss you. sounds like you're having fun in China. I'll see you when u get home. Merry Christmas again.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, TJ. I miss you and I wish you had a good Christmas in China. I love you very much and I wish you a Merry Christmas and I hope you come back soon. Have you seen any China people that speak our language?
    Lawson
    (typed by mommy as Lawson said EXACTLY what he wanted to TJ)

    ReplyDelete
  7. TJ, Sounds like you are well loved by your students and fellow teachers. So nice of them to remember you at Christmas. So how was the baked ziti and evening with your girlfriend?
    You are missed over here. Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lawson! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Buddy! Yeah I did have a good Christmas in China. I will be back in the USA in July, so it won't be too long. And to answer your question, yes! There are many Chinese people that speak English. In fact, the reason I am here is to help teach Chinese kids English. :)

    ReplyDelete